We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our Terms & Conditions and use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

Living costs

Council Tax

Whether you are renting or buying a home you will be required to pay council tax for the property. Costs vary depending on the size of your property.

Further information regarding council tax can be found on the Council website for the area you intend to move into.

You can find your local council here.


You will be required to pay for the water, gas and electricity that you use within a property that you rent or buy. There are lots of different tariffs, and providers. Information about these can be found on the following websites.

Television Licence    

If you wish to watch television in a property that you own or are renting you are required to pay for a licence to do so. Information on how to purchase a licence can be found on the TV licence webpage.


Stonewall, Disability Confident Employer, Athena Swan Bronze, Race Equality Charter Bronze


Forgotten Details     Register